Oona King and her partner Mark Hanretty were the third skating couple to leave Dancing On Ice in week 3 after a skate-off with Gareth Thomas and his partner Brianne Delcourt.
Gareth Thomas skated first to Somebody To Love by Queen and his save me skate was a strong performance with some impressive lifts. Oona King was skating to Just The Two Of Us but Mark Hanretty fell on the ice as they skated on to start their routine. After a brief delay for a dislocated shoulder which needed to be popped back in (ouch these skaters are tough), Mark was back to skate and it was a fluid performance.
Karen Barber, Jason Gardiner and Robin Cousins voted to save Gareth with Ashley Roberts voting for Oona. So with a 3-1 victory for Gareth it was farewell to Oona King. The key was Gareth’s stronger skating and overall performance. Oona can consider herself a little unlucky as she was up against arguably the second best skater in the competition.
Earlier in the evening we had seen the 10 couples go head to head in “duel” with the judges scoring:
- Matt Lapinskas and Brianne Delcourt beat Gareth Thomas and Robin Johnstone
- Samia Ghadie and Sylvain Longchambon beat Luke Campbell and Jenna Smith
- Beth Tweddle and Dan Whiston beat Oona King and Mark Hanretty
- Anthea Turner and Andrew Buchanan beat Shayne Ward and Maria Filippov
- Keith Chegwin and Olga Sharutenko beat Joe Pasquale and Vicky Ogden
For further information on the week three performances see livelaughlovetv.com
See full scoring results for Dancing On Ice